Six of us KMS Partners are moms. (The other one’s a dad.) We know the joys of sleeping in an extra few minutes on Sunday. But then we’ve all got “our” whole day ahead.
Here are a few of our favorite ways to enjoy it:
• Take the Bridgeport ferry to Port Jefferson, Long Island. It’s an easy, breezy hour. Then wander over to Danfords for brunch. It’s well worth the trip!
• Spend the day in the city. New York’s Central Park Zoo has a special Mother’s Day event, while Slattery’s Midtown Pub sponsors an amazing Mother’s Day scavenger hunt. Also nearby: The Bronx Zoo.
• Stroll around the Botanical Gardens – either the Bronx or Brooklyn. Spring just might be the best time of year at either of these beautiful spots.
• Play golf. Longshore, Fairchild Wheeler and other local courses are great places to shoot a round.
• Rent kayaks at Longshore Sailing School or Downunder. The world looks a lot different when you’re on the water!
• Take a hike! Head to one of Aspetuck Land Trusts’s many Fairfield County preserves, or a nearby park like Westport’s Baron’s South.
• Tired of all that action? Relax at a local spa. Pia Lauren in Fairfield, Dream in Westport and Noelle in Stamford -- but there are many others too.
• Send dad and the kids out shopping. Then hit Compo Beach – or your own backyard deck – where they’ll treat you to a cookout.
• Don’t forget the tried-and-true “take mom out for her favorite meal” treat. Mouth-watering local spots include Terrain, Valencia Luncheria and Match. Martel, The Cottage and Artisan offer very popular brunch menus. Of course, you can also go house hunting. KMS Partners is happy to help. Just give us a call – on Monday! KMS Partners can be reached at 2203-295-4375 or at info@kMSPartners.com.