As we head towards the end of our spring market and into the summer, homebuyers and sellers both have the same burning thought: What’s currently hot and what are buyers looking for? KMS Partners hears lots of chatter about…
- Open floor plans. It doesn’t matter if you’re building a new home, or selling an older one. Buyers want free-flowing spaces -- lots of room to play with, and move around in. Walls are out, both literally and figuratively.
- In-town living. Westport’s hottest home values include Saugatuck (where recent development added restaurants, shops and street life), and near downtown (where Bedford Square promises to reinvigorate Main Street, Church Lane and environs). Fairfield has seen a surge of interest in its downtown too. The pattern is repeated throughout Fairfield County.
- By the beach. Water views are desirable, all year long. There’s something special about waking up to cool sea breezes during the summer, and the wintertime solitude of sand and surf.
- Hassle-free moving day. No one wants to fuss over repairs or renovations. A house that’s ready for occupancy is a house that sells quickly.
- Work from home. You or your partner – or both -- may work full-time. You may do so down the road. Having a dedicated office space pays huge dividends.
- Play at home. Whether it’s bonus rooms, plenty of space for outdoor entertaining, or areas for young kids that can change as they grow, buyers want the “life” in “lifestyle.”
- Easy does it. Everyone loves landscaping. But ease of maintenance trumps too many trees.
- Outdoor living spaces. Homeowners want more outdoor entertaining areas with stone patios, fireplaces and fire pits and built-in outdoor kitchens.
- Neutrals. Neutral color palettes are still popular - grays and whites for countertops, tiles and walls with pops of color in decorating.
These are some of the things we are hearing about. Of course, every buyer has special interests and tastes, and every seller can point to special home qualities. To hear more about today’s market, contact KMS Partners at 203.454.5411 or email us at email@example.com.